Holy Rosary School has had a pretty amazing first quarter of school. Children are involved in many activities:
- Buck a Jeans Day on a Friday in the middle of each month brings money to charities around our local area. Students and teachers alike enjoy being “out of uniform.”
- At Mass each Tuesday, students participate. Older students read the readings, the middle ones read the general intercessions, and the youngest members of our school take up the Offertory Gifts. Our second grade class attends Mass with their buddies: members of Holy Rosary and St. Pat’s Churches! We love attending Mass with them!
- Each month we celebrate several important things: our Virtue of the Month; our Prayer of the Month; and our Composer of the Month
- November Virtue is OBEDIENCE
- November Prayer is PRAYER OF SELF-SACRIFICE TO GOD
- November Composer is Leonard Bernstein
- The St. Marys Memorial High School FFA members come to our kindergarten class to present PALS, a program that uses agriculture to help teach beginning reading and math concepts to our little ones.
- St. Marys Fire Department visits us each October. Grades K-5 learn so much about fire safety and get to see the fire truck and the smoke house in action.
- The St. Marys Rotary Club donates dictionaries to every third grade student!
- Our young students visit Otterbein Retirement Community a few times a year to visit with residents there.
One annual celebration near and dear to our hearts is Special Relative Day. This year, on October 27th, relatives joined the children in celebrating Mass with Fr. Barry. Relatives then came over to school to read with their youngsters and enjoy refreshments. The adults moved into the gym while the student body marched into the gym singing When the Saints Go Marching In, with banners in honor of those relatives who have passed away. Fr. Barry ended our Special Relative Day with a beautiful blessing for all.